Friday, March 25, 2011

Operation Barabrossa and Tunisia

1941: Operation Barabossa, the German invasion of the Soveit Union, is launched. 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qYXqmHj3ybE/THwhaEUUpiI/AAAAAAAACJM/
kXLTVTuNzo0/s640/OPERATION+BARBAROSSA.jpg


A mass execution of Russians, Ukrainians, Jews and many others has really made me realize the horror of Hitler and his doings. I am finally convinced that to join the resistance groups that are within the Wehrmacht, which is the only force that has a chance to overcome Hitler’s Gestap, SD, and SS. As of now in the stage of the Phoney War, preceding the Battle of France, which my unit was reorganized into the 6th Panzer Division and I served as an officer in its general staff, I have been transferred to the organizational department of the Oberkommando des Heeres, the German army high command, which directed the operations on the Eastern Front. I oppose the Commissar Order. I am now trying to soften the German occupation policy in the conquered areas of the Soviet Union by trying to point out the benefits of obtaining volunteers for the Ostlegionen which are commanded by my department. An offer was made for a reciprocal adherence to the Hague Conventions by the Soviet Union. This however, is left unanswered by the Third Reich officials. My brother and I are maintaining contact with former commanders like Hoepner and with the Kreisau Circle.
UPDATE:
1942: The Allies land in French North Africa and the 10th Panzer Division is occupying Vichy France.
UPDATE:
1943: I have been promoted to Oberstleutnant and I am sent to Africa to join the 10th Panzer Division as its Operations Officer in the General Staff. Rommel has launched his counter-offensive against British, American, and French forces in Tunisia. The assualt of Sbiba is halted, so that Rommel is concentrated on Kasserine Pass where primarily the Italians has defeated the American defenders. During the fight, I drove up to be with the leading tanks and troops of the 10th Panzer Division. The Division is taking up defensive positions near Mezzouna. While I was driving up and directing the units, my vehicle has been strafed by British fighter-bombers and I am now severely wounded. I was, for three months, in the hospital located in Munich and treated by Ferdinand Sauerbruch. I lost my eye, right hand, and two fingers on my left hand. I am still strong.

http://www.yourdiscovery.com/virtualhistory/_pages/images/static/
the_secret_plot_to_kill_hitler.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment