Friday, March 25, 2011

A Start of Life

Guten Tag! I go by the name of Claus Philipp Maria Justinian Schenk Graf von Stauffen berg or better known as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg. 
http://www.andrewcusack.com/staufc.jpg


As anyone can see, I do claim a noble title. I was born on November 15, 1907, in the Stauffenberg Castle of Jettingen, which is located between Ulm and Augsburg and in the Kingdom of Bavaria, which is part of the German Empire. I am the third of four sons; my twin brothers: Berthold, who I am the most closest to, and Alexander and my twin brother, Konrad Maria who has died right after his birth. I consider myself the lucky one and I am in morose not being able to grow up with my twin brother. My father is Alfred Klemens Philipp Friedrich Justinian who is the last Oberhofmarschall of the Kingdom of Wurttemberg and came from a well-known aristocratic Swabian family and my mother goes by the name of Caroline Schenk Grafin von Stauffenberg, nee Grafin von Uxkull-Gyllenband who although was born and raised in Austria, has Eastern Prussian and Swedish roots. Our family is considered to be the most oldest and distinguished aristocratic Catholic families of southern Germany of our time. However, on November 11, 1919 a new Constitutional law, as it was part of the Weimar Republic, abolished the privileges of nobility. I have a strong passion for literature. I belonged to Stefan George’s circle since I was a child and I still now remain a disciple of this great poet and forever will he remain my idol. His poem, The Anti-Christ, have an unusual sense to lure people.
The poem:
“He comes from the mountain, he stands in the grove!
Our own eyes have seen it: the wine that he wove
From water, the corpses he wakens.”
O could you but hear it, at midnight my laugh:
My hour is striking; come step in my trap;
Now into my net stream the fishes.
The masses mass madder, both numbskull and sage;
They root up the arbours, they trample the grain;
Make way for the new Resurrected.
I’ll do for you everything heaven can do.
A hair-breadth is lacking – your gape too confused
To sense that your senses are stricken.
I make it all facile, the rare and the earned;
Here’s something like gold (I create it from dirt)
And something like scent, sap, and spices –
And what the great prophet himself never dared:
The art without sowing to reap out of air
The powers still lying fallow.
The Lord of the Flies is expanding his Reich;
All treasures, all blessings are swelling his might . . .
Down, down with the handful who doubt him!
Cheer louder, you dupes of the ambush of hell;
What’s left of life-essence, you squander its spells
And only on doomsday feel paupered.
You’ll hang out your tongues, but the trough has been drained;
You’ll panic like cattle whose farm is ablaze . . .
And dreadful the blast of the trump
et.

 I have other interests in music, arts, and horseback riding, which I often do. 
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/20/article-1200919-014282F60000044D-396_468x347.jpg


As a child, my poor health caused me to have a huge lack of ambition and therefore, I became a rank as the lowest and unsupportive child of my family as I got decent grades and my brothers received excellent grades of A’s. I once considered becoming a musician due to the fact that I excelled in singing and playing both the piano and violoncello. However, my passion for studying architecture crossed out that consideration. Shortly after, my plans had changed and I decided to take on a more challenging role by joining the army. Training was posted to the 17th Cavalry Regiment in Bamberg and I was then transferred to Dresden’s cavalry school for extra training. Many in the army knew me for my bold rule-breaking. Although, I only smoked in my superior’s presence and always fought for the last word. I was then transferred to Hanover for my inappropriate behavior. I was introduced to my wife, Nina, by her mother, who I met at a dancing lesson. We were married on September 26, 1933 and had four children by the names of, Berthold Maria, Hermeran, Franz Ludwig and Valerie. I have many sleeping disorders and I consider myself quite the workaholic but it all pays off since I do not suffer from health problems even with these conditions. I also have a fancy for coffee and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment